9th - 13th July 2018
Christ's College, Cambridge,
34th Annual Decommissioning & Radioactive Waste Management Summer School
Benefit from practical sessions, unique networking experiences and 4 nights accommodation provided by Christ's College in Cambridge.
2018 Agenda Coming Soon!
Highlights from the 2017 Programme
Global Decommissioning Strategy Updates
Global decommissioning strategy updates from a variety of countries
- Waste management from a local stakeholder perspective – the Scandinavian view
- An update from Germany: the status and developments in decommissioning
- Radioactive waste management and decommissioning in Finland
EU Regulatory Updates
Updates on EU and international regulations, policies, and guidelines
- Nuclear energy and radioactive waste management in the European Union
- Regulation at nuclear sites
- The NDA’s strategy for decommissioning and clean-up of the UK’s civil public sector nuclear sites
Technical insights into characterisation, clearance and transport of radioactive waste
- Understanding the management of low level and intermediate level waste
- Defining characterisation
- UK radioactive waste transport
- Radioactive land remediation and final site clearance
- Decommissioning Sellafield
- Decommissioning kept simple – a Dounreay Experience
- Decommissioning of the Dragon Reactor
Relax and build connections with your industry peers
- Gala Dinner
- Punting on the River
- Walking Tour of Cambridge
What Will Be Discussed?
- Characterisation of Waste - Assess information provided on potential sampling and analysis scenarios
- Remediation of Radioactive Land - Develop a plan for remediation of radioactive land, taking into consideration issues such as regulations, funding and technical processes
- Decommissioning and Safe Management of Radioactive Waste - Work in groups to tackle key issues presented
What Will You Learn?
Walk away with a thorough understanding of:
- The nuclear energy agenda in the EU
- Key considerations in the decommissioning process, including risk management, contracts and financing
- Characterisation techniques and challenges
- Disposal for different waste types with a focus on geological and deep geological disposal
Who Will You Meet?
- The nuclear industry
- Decommissioning service providers
- Consultancies working in the decommissioning and radioactive waste area
- Nuclear reactor manufacturers
Your course registration fee includes four nights’ accommodation provided by Christ’s College in Cambridge.
St Andrew's Street,
A Snapshot of Companies & Organisations that Attended in 2017...
- Korea Institute of Nuclear Safety
- Vattenfall AB
- Dept of Industry Innovation & Science
- FCMA Atomic Energy Council
- Tuev Sued Industry Service GmbH Energy & Systems
- Daya Bay Nuclear Power Operations & Management Co Ltd
- Korea Hydro and Nuclear Power Co., LTD
- Ondraf Niras
- Environment Agency
- Ministry of Defence
- Miron Technologies Canberra UK
- Radioactive Waste Management
- Office For Nuclear Regulation
WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN OUR SPEAKER FACULTY?
We are always keen to hear from experienced professionals who may wish to contribute to our conference or training course programmes. Our course and conference programmes are thoroughly researched over a period of months, ensuring that all topics are comprehensive, up-to-date and cover those issues that matter most to the marketplace.
To learn more about the benefits of speaking, or how to become more involved, please contact Stephanie Brown on:
T: +44 (0)20 3377 3984