LNG Bunkering Training Course
3 day training course accredited by IMarEST
Highlights of the 2018 course syllabus
- Module 1 – LNG risk assessment and safety
- Module 2 – LNG operations, procedures and handling
- Module 3 – LNG vessel design
- Module 4 – LNG commercial considerations
Get to Grip with the Basics
Attend and benefit from an 'all you need to know' curriculum.
No prior knowledge assumed.
The course is ideal for for new professionals to LNG, individuals looking for a refresher on the key fundamentals for LNG bunkering and people who are looking for new LNG projects.
Course Topics Include
Build a solid foundation on all aspects of LNG bunkering.
Detailed learning on the different bunkering methods including:
- Truck-to-ship transfer (TTS)
- Ship-to-ship transfer (STS)
- Terminal/Pipeline-to-ship transfer (PTS)
- Portable tank systems
- Risk Assessment Workshop:
The practical workshop helps delegates understand LNG risks and the regulatory processes.
- Final Assessment Session:
Consolidate and apply your knowledge in the multiple choice exam at the end of the course.
- Interactivity – work through practical exercises in groups, and create strategies for your business
- Experts on hand throughout to provide up to date guidance and coaching
- Learn from your fellow workshop group participants – what did they do differently and why?
LNG Bunkering Site Visit
All new location and site visit this year at the GATE Terminal Rotterdam. Your first time opportunity to see bunkering up and close.
Gate terminal has built the first LNG import terminal in the Netherlands. The terminal’s functions are: receipt, a buffer between receipt and continuous supply of natural gas, regasification, supply.
Gain a thorough understanding of
- Cryogenic nature of LNG
- Optimum conditions for storing LNG
- Background to the LNG supply chain
- LNG transfer and bunkering operations
- Safety and regulation for design and operation
- Risk assessment• LNG crew training
- Onboard and shoreside LNG containment systems
- Vessel design and tank location
- LNG fuelled engines and propulsion systems
The training course is officially accredited by IMarEST and attendees are given an official CPD certificate for this course.
The LNG Bunkering Training Course has been approved by the CPD working group of IMarEST. Individuals attending the course are entitled to a CPD certificate for their records.
Interesting course and I enjoyed the trip to Seagas
Good content, excellent study visits
Knowledgeable and well presented
Excellent exercises, lecturers are experienced and excellent accommodation. The course together with the visits to the bunkering operations was very successful.
Very interesting, it has given me a lot of knowledge
TAKE YOUR CAREER EVEN FURTHER!
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy is the world’s largest provider of professional development courses and academic education qualifications for the maritime industry. Our exceptional programmes are carefully designed both in-house and in partnership with renowned educational bodies.
Take one of our LMA online courses and provide a coveted boost to you and your team!
LOOKING TO DEVELOP YOUR TEAM?
To explore more about how we can work with you:
Call: +44 (20) 7017 4399