12-14 March 2019
DoubleTree Hilton Greenway Plaza,
Regulatory insight, strategic developments and technical expertise for NORM affected industries in North America
Translating scientific insight to commercial realities
The only event dedicated to NORM management in North America. Designed by and for NORM producers, regulators, technology innovators & industry experts
What to expect from NORM North America in 2019:
Regulatory updates: Identifying and measuring risks in NORM
- Recent Guidance and Concepts for Adaptive Site Management
- Gain new perspectives from CPCRD on a model state regulation
- Discover industry best practice and regulations for managing NORM health and safety risks
- Analyse risks of NORM exposure and achieve transparency
- Case study on disposal of refractory bricks in certain landfills
Latest news and updates from EPA
Learn about the current EPA effort and become familiar with NORM regulations for solid waste.
Managing disposal of NORM and T-NORM safely
Hear from NORM-generating companies and regulators on what level of technology is acceptable when managing waste in a complex regulatory environment.
End user panel: current norm management practice and challenges
Hear the latest research on:
- How to safely transport TENORM: what are the practical issues involved?
- Ensuring workplace health and safety when handling NORM & hazardous materials
- Understanding liabilities throughout the NORM management lifecycle
- Assessing disposal options in North America
NORM contamination assessment and cost estimate techniques
Sessions on effectively managing NORM with new innovations – air monitoring techniques, decontamination methods, treatment and storage.
Regulatory updates from Louisiana
Underwater and wetland, marsh remediation
Citizens guide to Uranium: Recent experiences in communicating with the public and public officials on new uranium recovery projects
'Cradle to Grave' practical workshop
This exclusive workshop is designed to:
- Address practical and logical methods for managing NORM contaminated equipment and waste in the US
- Educate students on the process and methodology of establishing and performing an effective path of NORM management
- Illustrate and summarise methods of identification, characterisation and decontamination/remediation; packaging, transportation and disposal options
NORM North America In Numbers
Our 2019 speaker panel of operators & regulators includes:
Radiological Protection and Waste Management Case Studies from Studsvik
Gain an insight into the workings of one of the world's leading NORM management companies. Case studies inside:
• Radon risk mapping and support for a major high street bank in the UK.
• NORM monitoring, transport and disposal for the Qatari oil & gas sector.
• Regulatory support for environmental permitting within the UK oil & gas industry.
Raise your brand's profile
Whether you want to position yourself as an industry advisor through a high-level speaking slot, provide hospitality to all of our conference attendees or just generate new business connections, we can work on the right strategy for you to ensure you get the most out of NORM North America.
Free places for NORM waste producers
We have set aside a limited number of free VIP conference passes for NORM waste producers. For more information and to claim your pass, please email email@example.com.