Informa Energy is part of the Knowledge and Networking Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 3099067.
A real-world course in managing NORM from identification to final disposition
This one-day workshop will address practical and logical methods in managing NORM contaminated equipment and waste in the United States. The workshop is designed to educate the student in the process and methodology of establishing and performing an effective and valid path of NORM management.
The course will expound and summarize methods of identification, characterization, decontamination/remediation decisions, packaging, transportation and disposal options. Effective and accurate documentation is also a necessity for liability and regulatory requirements.
• Upstream - E&P
• Midstream - Pipeline
• Downstream - Refinery
• Other Sources
• Instrument Consideration/Selection
• Soil/Liquid/Smear Sampling
• Interpretation of Data/Calculations
• Estimates/Assessment of Waste/Contamination
• Methodology Considerations (Economics/Practicality)
• Compliance/Regulatory Considerations
• ALARA Considerations
• Environmental/PR Considerations
• Work Plan (Effective JSA & JSEA)
• Worker/Public Monitoring (Radiation, Contamination, Air, Water)
• Process Monitoring (Field Measurements for Project Progression)
• Waste/Material/Equipment Disposal Options
• Waste/Material/Equipment Transport Options
• Packaging Decisions based on Transport & Final Disposition