Call For Papers: OPT 2020
OPT 2020 will bring together 200+ pipeline professionals representing senior project managers, engineers and technical experts from the industry’s leading E&P companies, pipeline operators and contractor community.
Submit Your Abstract
Themes and Topics
Route surveying and selection
Cost reduction strategies
Increasing efficiencies through innovation
- Maintaining quality design in a low cost environment
- Installation developments and options
- Cathodic protection and corrosion control
- Inspection and monitoring
Pipeline integrity management
Life extension strategies
IMR and EPRS
- Pipe-lay vessel innovations and capabilities
- Project reviews/updates and lessons learned
Digital innovation – automation, Big Data, IoT, cyber security, etc.
Flexible and composite risers
Update on the latest codes, standards and guidelines
Latest R&D initiatives
- Pipeline protection
Safety and environmental considerations
- Pre-commissioning and commissioning
- Decommissioning offshore pipelines
All abstracts must be submitted by Friday 13th September 2019. Send your abstract(s) to email@example.com.
1. Abstract information should include:
- Paper title
- Authors and co-authors
- Paper outline (abstract should be no more than 150 words)
- Duration of presentations will be 30 minutes
2. The following criteria will be applied by the Committee in the selection process:
- Technical originality
- Papers will be accepted on technical merit, not commercial promotion of products
- Papers which offer innovative solutions
3. Joint presentations between project/pipeline operators and technology providers are welcome
4. All abstracts will be reviewed by the OPT Advisory Committee
Please note that submitting an abstract does not guarantee a speaking slot at the conference.
It is a pre-requisite of paper acceptance that authors provide a full written paper/manuscript and a technical PowerPoint presentation. Authors not able to meet the criteria will be withdrawn from the programme.
Technical Advisory Committee
To ensure the integrity of the programme and to retain a high‐level of technical content an Advisory Committee is used to assist with the programme development and to determine the suitability and relevance of submitted papers.
Companies represented on the committee to date include Shell Projects & Technology, Equinor, TD Williamson, DNV GL Oil & Gas, Subsea 7, TechnipFMC, Saipem, Peritus International, ITP InTerPipe, CSUB, Oil & Gas Verification Ltd, Wood, Xodus Group and McDermott Marine Construction.
Author Registration Details
- Authors presenting the paper on the day will be automatically registered to attend the conference only (26 - 27 February 2020) free of charge.
- Co‐authors will receive a 20% discount on the registration fees.
- Speakers/authors/co‐authors will be responsible for any costs associated with attending this event (travel, accommodation, general expenses, etc.)