Aidan CharltonIntegrity Engineer at Penspen Ltd
Aidan Charlton is an Integrity Engineer with Penspen Ltd. and is based in the Penspen asset integrity group Newcastle office. Aidan graduated as a mature student from Newcastle University with a Distinction in MSc Pipeline Engineering. Previous experience includes carbon composite fabrication and fabrication & welding of ferrous metals. Aidan has previously qualified for, and competed at, the national finals of the BOC apprentice welding competition, and the Young Electronic Designer Awards.
Aidan’s special interests within Penspen include;
- Development and testing of VBA based coding of a high definition tool to provide statistical analysis of effects of 3rd party interaction at all points on a pipeline.
- Development and testing of a machine learning tool for use in defect matching between multiple ILI datasets.
- Development and testing of VBA based coding of high definition RBI analysis tools, (Statistical and deterministic).
- Assessment of interacting dents using VBA based coding, (strain-based assessment).
- Development and testing of VBA based coding to support statistical RSTRENG river-bottom profile (RBF) analysis.