Fitting The Circular Economy Into Your Business
Connect with 100+ attendees
at Europe's leading packaging, waste and sustainability event
Bringing you the latest on the new proposals for packaging and packaging waste
- Delegates heard from the European Commission, MEPs and Councils Presidency
- Delegates found out what everyone in the supply chain is doing and aiming to do in order to reduce packaging waste levels and bring about greater sustainability achievements
- Analysed developments in creating harmonised EPR schemes which commonly define rules and guidelines
- Delegates found out what is being done to improve packaging design, functionality and marketing
- Heard from material providers, retailers, waste management consultancies, food manufacturers and packaging companies
See What You Missed In 2016
Network Development Lunch
Coloured dots on name badges corresponded with lunch tables so delegates got out meet new people over lunch.
Industry Panel Discussion
- Stakeholder's Standpoint on Proposed Changes to the PPWD
- Are the New Targets Achievable?
- What is Needed to Improve Seperate Collection Systems?
Audience Engagement Platform
Delegates asked questions to the speakers and put forward their views to fellow attendees.
EPR Toolkit Seminar
Creating a Level Playing Field for EPR Across Europe
EPR is still vaguely defined and the guidelines and rules for Member States are missing guidance to help ensure a level playing field throughout Europe. This will hopefully change very soon when the European Commission will publish the Circular Economy Package with a proposal for a revised Waste Framework Directive and for a revised Packaging and Packaging Waste Directive. The EPR toolkit seminar addressed the hot topics surrounding the ever-growing discussion for European EPR systems.
- Who should be responsible for the collection? Municipalities or EPR systems?
- Who should cover which parts of the costs?
- Is deposit the magic solution to increase our recycling rates for plastic packaging to 60% and to stop people littering?
- How much transparency is needed in an EPR system? Should competition allow black holes?
- Is a clearing house needed in case of competing PRO's and which roles and responsibilities it should have?