Regulatory insight, strategic developments and technical expertise for NORM affected industries in North America
Translating scientific insight to commercial realities
The only event dedicated to NORM management in North America. Designed by and for NORM producers, regulators, technology innovators & industry experts
NORM North America 2019 highlights:
Regulatory updates: Identifying and measuring risks in NORM
- Recent Guidance and Concepts for Adaptive Site Management
- New perspectives from CPCRD on a model state regulation
- Industry best practice and regulations for managing NORM health and safety risks
- Risks of NORM exposure and achieve transparency
- Case study on disposal of refractory bricks in certain landfills
Latest news and updates from EPA
Attendees learned about current EPA efforts and become familiar with NORM regulations for solid waste.
Managing disposal of NORM and T-NORM safely
NORM-generating companies and regulators presented their views on what level of technology is acceptable when managing waste in a complex regulatory environment.
End user panel: current norm management practice and challenges
2019 attendees heard the latest research on:
- How to safely transport TENORM: what are the practical issues involved?
- Ensuring workplace health and safety when handling NORM & hazardous materials
- Understanding liabilities throughout the NORM management lifecycle
- Assessing disposal options in North America
What was new this year?
- NORM contamination assessment and cost estimate techniques
- Sessions on effectively managing NORM with new innovations – air monitoring techniques, decontamination methods, treatment and storage.
- Regulatory updates from Louisiana
- Underwater and wetland, marsh remediation
- Citizens guide to Uranium: Recent experiences in communicating with the public and public officials on new uranium recovery projects
'Cradle to Grave' practical workshop
This exclusive workshop was designed to::
- Address practical and logical methods for managing NORM contaminated equipment and waste in the US
- Educate students on the process and methodology of establishing and performing an effective path of NORM management
- Illustrate and summarise methods of identification, characterisation and decontamination/remediation; packaging, transportation and disposal options
Radiological Protection and Waste Management Case Studies from Studsvik
Gain an insight into the workings of one of the world's leading NORM management companies. Case studies inside:
• Radon risk mapping and support for a major high street bank in the UK.
• NORM monitoring, transport and disposal for the Qatari oil & gas sector.
• Regulatory support for environmental permitting within the UK oil & gas industry.
NORM North America In Numbers
Our 2019 speaker panel of operators & regulators included:
Larry C. Taylor
Environmental Scientist Consultant Senior, Office of the Commissioner
Commissioner Department for Environmental Protection, Kentucky
Raise your brand's profile in 2020
Whether you want to position yourself as an industry advisor through a high-level speaking slot, provide hospitality to all of our conference attendees or just generate new business connections, we can work on the right strategy for you to ensure you get the most out of NORM North America 2020.
Free places for NORM waste producers
There will be a limited number of free VIP passes available for the 2020 conference. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Companies in attendance for 2019 included:
• BP • Chevron • EPA • North Dakota Department of Health • Hess Corporation • National Fuel Gas • Exelon Corporation • Marathon Oil Company • ONEOK • Seneca Highland Field • Exelon Corporation • Chesapeake Energy • BHP • Centennial Water and Sanitation District • Newfield Exploration & Production • PDC Energy • USecology • Whitings Petroleum Corporation • Anadarko Petroleum Corporation • Andeavor Logistics • WPX Energy • Noble Energy • Environment Protection Energy • Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality • Secure Energy Services • NV5 • The Dow Chemical Company • Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Department of Energy USA • Commissioner Department for Environmental Protection, Kentucky